Beggar on the roof
One day Hodja repaired tiles on the roof of his house. While Hodja was working on the roof, a stranger knocked the door.
- What do you want? Hodja shouted out.
- Come down, replied stranger So I can tell it.
Hodja unwilling and slowly climbed down the ladder.
- Well! replied Hodja, what was the important thing?
- Could you give little money to this poor old man? begged stranger.
Tired Hodja started to climb up the ladder and said,
- Follow me up to the roof.
When both Hodja and beggar were upside, on the roof, Hodja said,
- The answer is no!